DOES YOUR CHURCH HAVE A PLAN FOR CHRISTMAS OUTREACH?
More Than a Gift Drive
We all want children to be generous, but we must be intentional to teach them this value. This season our mentees and their mentors will participate in a generosity experience in which mentees will explore generosity at home and in the community.
This activity includes three parts:
- The meaning of generosity
- Volunteering in the community
- Generosity towards family, how to serve them and think of gifts they would like
The third piece is where our church partners can support us. We would like to surprise the mentee with the gifts they have picked for their family. The mentor and mentee will wrap the gifts and bless the mentee’s family with a fun Christmas surprise!
How It Works
Save Our Youth will provide a promotional display in your church lobby where congregants can select an ornament, thereby committing to that gift.
There are two variations of the promotion, you can select one or both!
Table Top Lobby Display
- A real tree with ornament tags
- Paper instructions for sign up
- A ‘digital tree’ with e-ornaments
- Links to web-based sign up
There will be two kinds of ornaments on the tree
- Gift ornament tags
- Mentee’s gift requests for their family members
- $30-50 price range
- Gifts would be returned unwrapped by mid-November
- Be a Mentor ornament tags
- Congregants can also give the gift of a mentor (themselves) to one of the youth on our waitlist.
- Therefore, some ornaments will have profiles (age, gender, zip code, interest) of a mentee on our waitlist
- These ornaments have a QR code. Just scan and start the process of becoming a mentor.
September – The Matches are working on their generosity project
October – Displays would be promoted in your church Lobby
November 5th & 12th – Gifts due
December – The Matches wrap the gifts at a Save Our Youth Event
Your Church will receive media and photos to share with your congregation.
Thank you for considering this collaboration.
Working together, we can teach generosity in both word and deed.